Friday, December 02, 2005

Hi, My Name Is...

Not slim shady. But I've been thinking this week. At the risk of sounding too mushy, I will just say that there are a few of you out there that I can't wait to read what you've written every day or every few days. P.S. If you want to know who those few people are, look at the sidebar. But anyways, I am fortunate enough to know you or to at least be able to associate your posts with a name. And for some reason, that brings me this strange sort of comfort. Like I know who you are. I'm not real big on revealing a whole lot about myself, mostly because I have tons of students who can outsmart me any day in the IT department, and I would like for the longest amount of time possible to keep this website away from their prying eyes.

All that being said, we were talking today in class and I learned that over half of my students don't even know what my first name is. This cracks me up, because its not like it's hidden from them, but it was my little ego check that reminded me that those bastards really aren't trying to hunt me down or pry into my life. I just thought I would take the time, for those of you who check up on this website, to introduce myself.

Hi, My Name is Jana. It's nice to meet you. And Angry Dissenter, I will be in L.A. over Christmas. I'll be chasing down Mickey on Christmas day. If I could fit Genderist and The Hater in my suitcase I would. For those of you who are new, a hello to you too. And my name is still Jana. It's German. If you want to say it in German, it's pronounced like yana. In English, it sounds like Anna with a J. As an interesting side note to any policy debaters out there, my name has 1N and 2A's, just like my speaker positions used to be... Now I am going to go do some serious social drinking because while one long week is done, another is on the horizon...

3 Comments:

Blogger bad-journalist.blogspot.com said...

You know, it's interesting because I realized you don't know my name unless those sneaky friends of mine in Uglyhoma told you. Which I'm sure they did. But for the record, I'm Matt. But don't tell the people on my blog. I don't trust them that much yet. :)

When are you in LA around Xmas? I'm actually going to be in Tennessee Xmas week (family and all that). But enjoy the weather while you're here . . .

8:51 PM  
Blogger Unequivocal_Prowess said...

Xmas week is the week that I am coming out to LA. I was out over fall break too, which is strange because my mom comes this way alot, but I only get out there about once a year. Have fun in TN!

9:39 AM  
Blogger kazumi said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog.Come again!

Before I spent on Chiristmas day in California. It was amasing. different from Japanese one.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home