Wednesday, November 16, 2005

MISSING!?!


I have lost a lot of things in my time: my sanity, my virginity, and even occasionally my car keys. But never have I lost a scar. Oh, stop it. I already know what you are thinking: It faded, right? Look, I am not the the smartest turnip in the turnip truck (no, thank you, Dan Rather, for such an insightful metaphor) but I know the difference between fading and disappearing. This morning I woke up, I grabbed some pretty cheap pants that have a button that just happens to rub right where my belly button scar is. Flashback to 2001: I have my gall bladder removed because surgery seemed like a fun thing to do in the very merry month of May. When it is finished, I am left with a bumpy L-shaped scar that looks like a maggot that is trying to die at the bottom of my stomach. I have six "maggots" from this particular surgery, and after the fading-see I know what fading is-the scars turn from purple to white. This particular scar has been the biggest of my six. Flashback to present day: back in my bedroom with the cheap pants with the cheap button that always rubs on my belly button and the maggot scar. I was annoyed with this when I was dressing this morning, however I dismissed it and decided that the cheap pants were the option for the morning. Side Note: Ever notice how when you aren't in the mood to play dress up for your job, that you REALLY aren't in the mood? I mean, if I know I'm going to look bad for the day, I don't just half-ass it, I mean I put my whole heart into looking bad...
So the day of looking bad goes on...and so on and so forth...but now the majority of the evening is through and I am ready to take a bath. After sitting in the tub and glancing past my dirty pillows, I notice that the scar is gone. It's not a different color, it's not smaller or a new shape, it's just gone. So here's my plea: If anyone has seen my belly button scar, please immediately respond. It was lost between the hours of 7:15a.m. and 7:30p.m. I'm not asking for any money and I won't tell anyone that you took it, but I want my damn scar back.

As an after thought, not having the time or records to keep track of my own belly button scars, I thought I would post Alyssa Milano's belly button in place of mine, just because. I am a big charmed fan, maybe that's why I did it.

2 Comments:

Blogger bad-journalist.blogspot.com said...

You want the maggot-in-your-stomach scar back?

And it's just as well that that wasn't your stomach that you posted. If it was we'd have to take you down. And we'd hate to have to do that.

10:30 PM  
Blogger genderist said...

Here's my plea to the missing maggot scar: If you get lonely and would like some fat to play with, please come steal some of mine. I won't mind.

I'll even throw in a toaster if you take it!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home