Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Trapped

I am writing now, because for the first time in a few nights, I finally have time to sit down and write. Not to speak again of the holiday, but it is always hard when family is in town because you have to merge your normal habits and routines with other people's routines. I appreciated the visit with my family, but I was ready to be back to my life. Strangely enough, I haven't hit that point yet. I keep waiting for my week to return to normal, and my routines keep getting changed.

This week happens to be a really busy one. Not only that, but I am pretty sure that I hate my job. I have been complaining about my job for a few months now, but I never thought it was anything serious. I came back after the break and instead of being irritated about the usual things, it's like I lost my will to care about it anymore. We have our fall show in three days. I have been practically living at the school. I'm not really stressed out about it. At this point last year, I would be going crazy out of my mind with last minute with changes and necessary items that need to be fixed and this year I am just bored and tired. I have a few million battles that I could fight to make my job better, but instead, I just hate it. And I'm even too tired to complain about it anymore. More than anything, I just want to go home, spend the normal 2 hours messing around on the computer, fix dinner, catch up with my counterpart and then whatever else until bed. Instead, it's been something different every night. I'm barely getting dinner in before I pass out from exhaustion. I'm done with the half-assed whining. That's not why I wanted to write this.

The reason why I am posting this is because with the rare exception of today, I doubt I will be around for the next four days. I have found out how to read everyone's blogs that I like to read over my lunch at work, but unfortunately because of the network, I can't post anything to your sites or to my own. Trust me, I have been reading, I am just rendered speechless. I really do feel like someone has stolen for this week the small piece of my life that isn't stressful. I am here. I am reading. I just doubt I will be posting. Or responding to your posts. Hopefully the next thing I write will be less dull. Hopefully. There was a quote from the book that I was reading the other day where a mother says to her daughter that the only way to get over the hard parts of life is to go right through them. This week and next will be my attempt to get through a couple hard parts. I'll be talking to you later.

2 Comments:

Blogger bad-journalist.blogspot.com said...

If it helps at all, you'll probably like your job better after the holidays are over- for some reason everything is just more taxing at this time of year.

Or it could be that I know not what I'm talking about. You decide!

7:12 PM  
Blogger genderist said...

Honey, we need to go paint this weekend.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home