Saturday, November 19, 2005

Anger Hangover (subtitled: Ha Ha the Boys are Gone)

So apparently I had a lot of frustration on my mind yesterday. It has been a really hard week. I've had bosses yelling at me, a few co-workers have been nagging me, one of my favorite wrestlers died, and of course, my husband and I lost our baby. It feels good to finally say that to someone. I needed to get a lot off of my chest and for those of you that read that last post, thanks. I just needed someone to listen. It must have had a really cleansing effect because I woke up this morning and now I am ready to listen to Christmas songs and I am ready to bake some cookies or something. Having read genderist's post about the fudge, however, I think that I will hold off on doing anything too complicated. Maybe I'll just leave the cooking to her.

It is strange because a few of my friends and I have been waiting for this weekend because our husbands would be out of town. Needless to say, we were looking forward to a grrrrl's night out. And I guess I could cheat you and tell you that we went to a bar, because we did. At 7:00p.m. But then we left at 7:05p.m. Some nights you have to do your eating before your drinking. We head to get some nourishment, if you call fried pickles nourishment, and then decided to stop by Target to get some Coke for the real drinking. What did we end up doing? Spending the night playing in the Superstore. I bought this wicked awesome two-disc Christmas CD for $9.99 and it is great. Well, if you think Christmas is awesome, that is. Well, and it's awesome for a nine dollar CD. You can't have expectations too high when you find it on a clearance shelf. Needless to say, our night of debotchery ended with everyone going to bed long before the sun went down and no drinking was to be seen. Maybe that's why I am up at 8:00 a.m. posting. Whew. I don't know how many more crazy grrrl nights I can handle with the men gone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Mc said...

Hey, sometimes you just gotta hang loose and explore the... uh... produce aisle? Honestly, though, nights like that are sometimes more fun than going out and drinking yourself stupid - AND you remember them afterwards!

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'll be sure to come back here and check in!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home