Thursday, December 15, 2005

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...

For a few weeks now the dog has come out of the bathroom with drops of water on his head. It's always been in the morning. We take showers before we go to work, much to the chagrin of the dog, who hates waiting outside the door while we soak up all the heated steamy air. After awhile, I started feeling sorry for him, so we decided to let him come in while we shower. He is a good dog. He waits right outside of the shower door. I always get out of the shower first, so I never think about what happens in the few minutes following this ritual.

Then, the dog appears with drops on his head.

For awhile, I just assumed he was standing too close to the shower door and that the drops were from the shower. But why is he never wet when I get out?

At some point, we finally figured out what the problem was. I must prepare you, because it would seem slightly personal. If you are faint of heart, then you should pass up the end to this anecdote. It seems that when my counterpart exits the shower, the dog runs over to kiss and lick his feet and toes. This places him under the drippings of my counterpart's counterparts. Upon reflection, I am just trying to figure out if this is more embarrasing for my husband or for my dog.

4 Comments:

Blogger bad-journalist.blogspot.com said...

You'd think the dog would be wise to this by now. Or else the dog likes it . . . :)

7:22 PM  
Blogger genderist said...

Funny, funny, funny...

5:48 AM  
Blogger Kate Mc said...

Bwahahaha!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Kate Mc said...

As for the image at the top of my blog, if you go play with your template (the "Edit Current" tab), and scroll down about 2/3 of the way, you should come across one tiny little tag (a tag being anything within <> brackets) rather like this:

!-- Blog Header --

Followed by tags that say
center
div id="blog-header"

After which, if you put something like this:

img src="http://www.geocities.com/katcall42/TudorRose.jpg" alt="The Tudor Rose"

br

Your image will appear. Just take out the website I used, and replace it with the address of your own photo, and the "alt" bit is what people see when they move their mouse over the pic, sort of like a title for it. Hope this helps. If not, let me know.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home